Friday, June 27, 2008

Round Two Chemo

SO it is was my turn to be here at moms house to help her go through round two of her Chemo. We went to the cancer center today for her 10am appointment and Laura and Jared were still here with us.
We got started pretty quick with the pre meds, Benadryl, Tylenol and a Steroid I cant remember the name of. Laura stayed with us for about an hour an a half before she had to make her long drive home.
Mom did really well today, we were only there for about 4 & 1/2 hours. Mom read her book and I listened to my Ipod and really could not read my book because of the surroundings. It was hard to not watch the other people around and see them go through their treatment. It is nice to know that Mom will have someone there by her side for each treatment. There were about six other people in the room and only one other person had family with her.
We had a great day yesterday at the beach. Mom took Laura Jared and I to Cannon beach and we walked around to all the little shops and bought fun little treasures to mark this time of my part of her cancer treatment.
I look forward to being here with Mom and Grandma and Grandpa for the next week. They are so fun and so helpful. I love them so much.
I will post pix as soon as I find where Laura has saved them.
Love to you all.
Lisa

No comments: